Angela Sarver, Founder and CEO
EllieBlu Human Resources Consulting
For more than 20 years, Angela Sarver has advised small business owners how to manage and maximize talent in their companies to grow revenue, improve operations and motivate employees. She helps firms that are in growth mode, but who lack the proficiency, desire or time to address ongoing HR strategy.
As HR evolves, it’s more challenging for small businesses to stay ahead of the curve. Angela offers transformative HR expertise that takes companies to the next level. She guides companies in strategizing solutions to address the ever-changing workplace, including issues arising from remote work, virtual recruiting and onboarding, upskilling and reskilling, and employee engagement, to name a few.
Angela has a strong understanding of small, independent businesses and their unique HR concerns. They must compete with large companies for talent, find new opportunities for employee growth and development, and comply with constantly changing rules and regulations. This is where her extensive HR knowledge and expertise can deliver real results.
Angela has a wide range of HR experience, particularly in the financial industry. Most recently, she provided HR consulting to financial advisory firms associated with a large broker/dealer. She has had over five thousand consulting engagements in the past 14 years helping businesses improve internal communication, team cohesiveness, employee engagement, and more.
Her education and training also provide unique benefits to clients. Angela has an MBA with a concentration in HR as well as a Graduate Certificate in Employment Law, so she understands what it takes to run a compliant business and the vital role employees play in the firm’s success. She also has a Certificate in Behavioral Finance from The Investments & Wealth Institute and is certified as a Kolbe Consultant. This certification enables her to provide tools to help clients with team building, management, employee development and other HR functions.
Communication is key to a successful engagement. As a trained crisis counselor, Angela worked with suicidal adults and teens on a suicide hotline. This experience taught her the art of listening, the ability to remain calm in difficult circumstances, and how to diffuse highly emotional situations – all necessary skills in HR. She believes in keeping the “human” in human resources, while addressing the complexities of business strategy to support her client’s business’s mission, objectives and goals.
- BS in Business Administration, Emmanuel College
- Graduate Certificate in HR, Northeastern University
- MBA with a concentration in HR, Endicott College
- Graduate certificate in employment law, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Certificate in Behavioral Finance from The Investments & Wealth Institute
- Kolbe Certified Consultant
- SHRM – Society for Human Resources Management
- Lakes Region Humane Society
- Samaritans Suicide Hotline (not active)
Wealth Advisor, Commonwealth Business Review (CBR)
- Are You Suffering from Compassion Fatigue?
- The Brain on Bias: Guiding Clients
- 10 Best Practices for Developing a Human Resources Strategy
- Should You Hire a Chief Compliance Officer?
- Commonwealth’s Summit for Women Advisors
- Commonwealth National Conference
- Power in Practice Annual Conference